top of page
Untitled

116 Old Sulphur Well Rd
Nicholasville, Jessamine County 40356
USA

Schedule of Services

Sunday School

Sundays Starting at 9:45 am

Worship Service 

Sunday 10:30 am

What’s Happening

Food Donations 

Accepting food donations weekly for the Jessamine County Food Pantry.  Please bring in any non perishable food items.  Many thanks to the donors and volunteers.  Neighbors helping neighbors.

Women’s Bible Study 

The Seekers

The Seekers 

Men’s Bible Study 

The Messengers

Th Messengers

What We Believe

We are a Christian Church that believes God sent his one and only son, Jesus to guide us on the right way to live a sinless life. We also believe that God created all the Heavens and the Earth. We keep the Holy Bible as our scripture, believe in baptism, and observe communion. Lastly, we believe that there is an Everlasting life in Heaven with our Savior, Jesus Christ and God.

Leadership at Sulphur Well Christian Church

Minister 

John Sanders

Church Board Members

James Peel       Shane Peel

Jimmy Estes     Randy Lunsford

David Peel        Gary Stinnett

Treasurer 

Margaret Peel

Pianist 

Marylee Hamblin

Bulletin 

Sue Breiner

Untitled

Sulphur Well Christian Church History


First established in 1813. It was then known as the Liberty Baptist Church and the building stood where the front parking lot is now located. The first minister was John Walters. School was held in the Church Building for many years. It later became Sulphur Well Christian Church and named after the community which was built around the old sulphur well which still stands just past the caution light on Elm Fork Road. Many of the first members were early settlers in Jessamine County. Revolutionary War soldiers, Civil War soldiers, World War 1 soldiers and other residents of the area. The old records of the Church show that some of these members transferred to Little Hickman and Elm Fork Church after they were established.

The current building was built in 1886. People were baptized in a pond next to the Church. The Church was a one room building until 1971 when the first addition was made.

Since that time the Church has added benches to replace the old chairs, which were described as very uncomfortable.  Other upgrades include a new piano, stained glass windows, carpet, lighting, and ceiling. The parking lot has since been paved and a new heating and air conditioning system was installed. Sidewalks and a picnic shelter were also built. An updated steeple on top of the church and a baptistery have been installed.  The most recent addition is the newly expanded fellowship hall with kitchen, handicap accessible bathrooms, and Sunday School Rooms.

All these improvements came at various times over the years, through generous donations and numerous volunteered hours from church members.  

Worship services have been held here continuously for over 200 years.

We are proud to say that we are a Small Country Church with a Big Heart.


                   


                 



bottom of page